Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mixing it up at Via Vita







The First Friday Monthly Mixer on March 4 at Via Vita Cafe in Bellevue drew a full house, with over ninety people, including 12 new members.

Volunteers at registration included: Melissa Itti, Richard Palawan, Steven Quan, Mikki Liu, Sherwin Tsao, and Bifei Xie. Like Zhang and Steven Quan served as the volunteer photographers for the evening.

First-time First Friday Mixer goer Bifei Xie also volunteered at registration. She said she met NAAAP-Seattle Social Chair Heidi Yu at a NAAAP-Seattle Speed Mentoring event co-organized with Asian Student Commission at the University of Washington.

"Heidi Yu becomes my mentor after that event and she told me about the mixer and asked me to come and help," said Bifei. "Even though I was volunteering at registration, I still got to meet many wonderful and friendly people. They were easy-going and kept making me laugh throughout the event."

Xie added, "I liked the venue too. It was small and cozy. Whenever I turned around, I met another wonderful person to talk to."

Join us at our next First Friday Monthly Mixer at Sullivan's Steakhouse's on April 1. For more information or to volunteer, please contact NAAAP-Seattle Social Chair Heidi Yu at heidi.yu@naaapseattle.org

Photos by Like Zhang.

No comments:

Post a Comment