Friday, February 26, 2010

APLDC book list (Part 1)

There's a book entitled, What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Evenmore Successful. Ever read it? Well, this book is about change. What interests me about this is it's title and how it applies to leadership skills. If you don't have the skills, then how do you get them? You get these new skills by continued learning.  Learn from mentors, learn from your experiences, and learn from books.  In this post I want to focus on the later part, learning from books.

Actually, I want to share a book list recommended by the Microsoft Library created last April for the 2009 Asian Pacific Leadership and Development Conference, a conference presented by the Microsoft Asian Professional Society (MAPS). Now I know almost a year has gone by and new books have been published since then, but it's a comprehensive list that I'm still going through and find the books still relevant. As soon as I'm completed with this list, I'll get to the newer books, perhaps a list created for the 2010 NAAAP National Convention happening later this year!  :)


Regards,
Gil Gido
NAAAP Seattle
President

Related post: APLDC book list (Part 2) - http://gilgido.blogspot.com/2010/04/apldc-book-list-part-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment